Diversity is celebrated in our community; People of all races, colors, religious beliefs, national origins, genders, experiences, and abilities are encouraged to apply. New to Camp Stevens? Check out our Mission and Values to learn more about who we are.
Full-time (40 hours per week), $14 per hour (if living on site, food and housing will be deducted)
Start Date: Immediate opening
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Camp Stevens is seeking candidates who are comfortable working alone in the kitchen for a few hours or hustling with a team to serve a meal to a large group. We have a strong Food Philosophy that is rooted in preparing simple yet delicious meals, using mostly organic and local produce as much as we can (from our on-site gardens whenever possible), cooking and baking from scratch, and reducing waste. The Camp Stevens kitchen is an exciting and creative opportunity for someone who is passionate about preparing and serving food to our wide range of guests, students, and campers year-round. Successful applicants must have a willingness to learn, grow, and work hard.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer at Camp Stevens is wild, energetic, engaging, challenging, creative, and adventurous. No two days are the same, and there’s a lot to learn and to do. Staff and campers are nourished by our local, mostly organic and plant-based foods, and are encouraged to explore their own gifts and talents through their work with youth. We serve campers from across San Diego and Los Angeles counties from all different walks of life. Diversity is celebrated in our community; People of all races, colors, religious beliefs, national origins, genders, experiences, and abilities are encouraged to apply. New to Stevens? Check out our Mission and Values to learn more about who we are.
Current available positions:
Equity Grant Application
The purpose of this grant is to attract and retain the best qualified and most passionate staff by decreasing barriers to participation for people traditionally marginalized and underrepresented in camp staff and counselor roles.
Grant Application Process
- Apply for a summer role and complete the interview process.
- Receive your offer of employment (based on application, references, and interview).
- Complete the grant application form.
- Receive your grant notification and respond to your offer of employment.
Grants will be awarded to qualified applicants in the order received as funding becomes available, so please apply as soon as possible after you receive your offer of employment.
Have questions about the Equity grant? Contact Program Director Gabby Coburn at email@example.com or 760-765-0028.
Resident Staff (August 2022-June 2023)
Camp Stevens Resident Staff live and work in community with the goal of contributing while learning and growing. This position does a little bit of everything including teaching/leading Outdoor Education programs, ropes course, team building, archery, and other activities, hosting family groups and retreats, and general tasks such as cleaning, food service, and gardening.
Pay and Benefits
- Monthly Rate: $1400 Monthly take-home pay
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Birthday.
- Housing Benefit: Shared or private room with shared kitchen, bathroom, and social spaces.
- Full food and housewares benefit: Staff can join in the dining hall for meals or bring groceries and leftovers home from the camp kitchen. Staff have full access to paper goods, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, etc.
- Paid training: CPR and First Aid, Youth Development, Ropes Course, Archery, and others as needed
- 100% employer covered health benefit
Apply using button above or contact Program Director Gabby Coburn firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-765-0028 with any questions.