Summer at Camp Stevens is wild, energetic, engaging, challenging, creative, and adventurous. No two days are the same, and there’s a lot to learn and to do. Staff and campers are nourished by our local, mostly organic and plant-based foods, and are encouraged to explore their own gifts and talents through their work with youth. We serve campers from across San Diego and Los Angeles counties from all different walks of life. Diversity is celebrated in our community; People of all races, colors, religious beliefs, national origins, genders, experiences, and abilities are encouraged to apply. New to Stevens? Check out our Mission and Values to learn more about who we are.
Current available positions:
Please note: Due to Covid-19 staff and counselors will be required to make risk management plans prior to camp and minimize their trips off of camp once on site. Risk management plans may include minimizing exposure to others, quarantine, testing, and/or vaccination prior to coming to camp. Masking, social distancing, handwashing, minimizing time indoors, and regular symptom checks will all be part of daily life at camp. We are committed to keeping our campers, counselors, and staff safe throughout the summer by actively following our Covid-19 protocols and need all staff to be 100% on board with this effort before considering applying for this summer.
Maintenance Technician Position
Non-exempt hourly, full time: approximately $1800 per month plus housing and food
Start Date: April 15, 2021, or ASAP
Application Deadline: March 21, 2021
Camp Stevens is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Maintenance Technician. This is a unique opportunity for a skilled, critical thinker who enjoys working independently and in cooperation with others. Camp Stevens is located near the mountain town of Julian, California (65 miles northeast of San Diego). Diversity is celebrated in our community; People of all races, colors, religious beliefs, national origins, genders, experiences, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general upkeep of facilities and property, addressing repairs, minor construction and scheduled service. The Maintenance Technician will perform a wide range of basic to advanced tasks. Other tasks may include:
- Performing routine maintenance in and around buildings such as repairs to window, door or wall repair
- Repairing broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures.
- Fixing damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or severed wire occurs
- Maintaining HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
- Applying preventative measures to reduce the risk of future problems
- Fixing and forecasting potential safety hazards
- Painting of facilities, inside and out
- Maintaining a small water treatment well and tank system
- All staff share responsibility for dishwashing, cleaning and assisting with food preparation