Camp Stevens operates two challenge courses, a dozen “low ropes” elements, a climbing wall, and complete teambuilding programs, all constructed and facilitated according to the standards of the Association for Challenge Course Technology and the American Camping Association. Offering a variety of individual and partner challenges, our high ropes courses are built outdoors on telephone poles and use climbing ropes, steel cables, and wood to create challenges 30 to 45 feet off the ground. One of the major benefits of a high ropes course experience is the increased self-esteem that participants get from doing things that they thought were not possible.
Choose from these three options:
- Lower Meadow Dynamic Course: This course has a variety of two-person elements, including a High V, Vertical Playpen, Single Beam “Cat Walk”, Bosan Chairs, Pipe Dreams, Broken Bridge, where two people complete the challenge together, and an individual element, the Leap of Faith. This space also has two meeting areas, and two low elements at the Dynamic Course: A 12-foot high Wall and a Whale Watch.
- “Tower” Static Course: The “Tower” course is a physically demanding set of individual challenges, where individual climbers move through the course on their own, transitioning their own carabiner from one challenge to the next. The “Tower” course is most appropriate for older teens and fit adults, and requires at least a Half-Day Ropes Course Program to complete.
- Rock Climbing Wall: The 40-foot wall has four possible routes, with climbs challenging for all levels of climbers, including an overhang. There is no minimum (or maximum!) age for the Rock Climbing Wall. Every participant must be able to safely fit in a waist harness and a helmet. The Rock Climbing Wall is available for groups of 10 or more, at a rate of $100 for the first 1-1/2 hours, and $40/hour for additional time.
Programs & Rates
Prices below are a per-person rate. Challenge Course participants should be at least a recommended 13 years of age, and the minimum group size is 10 participants. Day use rates do not include accommodations; overnight guests receive a reduced rate for Ropes Course Programs
- All-Day Challenge Course Programs: The All-Day program includes a half-day of teambuilding initiatives, lunch, and a half-day on one of Camp Stevens’ two ropes courses. The program is completed with a group reflection on the experience. These reflections help participants process the experience and discover how they can apply this new knowledge to other situations.
- Day-Use Participants (10-23 participants): $78.00/person
- Day-Use Participants (24 or more participants): $67.00/person
- Overnight Guests: $52.00/person
- Half-Day Challenge Course Programs: The half-day program offers either a combination of teambuilding initiatives with the ropes course, or the ropes course with a reflection experience. This 4-hour program does not include lunch.
- Day-Use Participants (10-23 participants): $50.00/person
- Day-Use Participants (24 or more participants): $42.00/person
- Overnight Guests: $31.00/person
- Teambuilding Half-Day: During a teambuilding program, participants work together to solve a variety of fun challenges. Designed to give the group opportunities to use each person’s unique qualities and group decision-making skills, these activities effectively teach leadership, trust, and communication. This 4-hour program does not include lunch or ropes course.
- Day-Use Participants: $29.00/person
- Overnight Guests: $21.50/person
- Single Element Ropes Course: If you have a small group or particularly tight budget, you can consider a two-hour ropes course experience, doing a single ropes course element.
- Overnight Guests (10-23 participants): $18.00/person
- Overnight Guests (24 or more participants): $10.50/person
- Climbing Wall: The 40-foot climbing wall can have up to four routes open at a time.
- First Hour: $100.00
- Each Additional Hour: $40.00